Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Moisture barriers and Wifi

On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 18:12:20 +0000, Tim Watts
wrote:

On 22/01/18 17:31, Andy Burns wrote:
Tim Lamb wrote:

I have run cat 6 cable here and there as suggested. Now what? Those
connectors don't look easy to wire up

They are stiffer and more awkward that cat5e (an for little benefit
unless you're expecting to use 10Gbe network).

The latest iMac Pro sports a 10gig ethernet connection... Handy if you
have a local media/file server.

And yes, it's a mare - just done a lash up in Cat6a to test some
equipment. It's like cabling with slinkys compared to Cat5e. And don't
over bend it - permitted bend radius is around 25mm typically, so if you
bent it in a "u", you'd have 2" between one side and the other.

As it looks like I might be helping Tim wire it all up, I wonder if
it's too late to use the Cat6 to pull Cat5e though (I have enough of
the low fume stuff here). ;-)

Cheers, T i m