Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Free - Foundations of Mechanical Accuracy

On Sun, 21 Jan 2018 19:44:53 -0600, Robert Nichols
wrote:

On 01/18/2018 02:53 PM, Leon Fisk wrote:
On Thu, 18 Jan 2018 14:56:05 -0500
Ed Huntress wrote:

huge snip
It's disheartening to become obsolete. d8-)

Yeah, I use to fix stuff, good thing I retired when I did. Still do for
friends when I feel ambitious, which isn't often nowadays. Now people
replace stuff, even the "repair" guy...

I recently repaired a printer for a neighbor -- fixed a mechanical problem with the paper feed deep inside the printer. Neighbor said I should go into business repairing printers. I pointed out that for my time at minimum wage I would have to charge twice what a new printer would cost.

That's something that a lot of us overlook. And that's why we aren't
rich. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress