Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Smart Meter Nonsense

On 21 Jan 2018 16:34:01 GMT, Huge wrote:

You've not got your anti-fraud hat on properly. Agreed a meter

should
expect outages but not reporting loss of input from x to y

date/time
when in "off" mode next time it phones home opens the door to

fraud a
little. All outages on the DNO's network are recorded,

What, even when Toothless Dave brings down the overhead line to my house
with the combine?

One assumes the DNO will come along and repair the line. Which will
need that section to be isolated and thus will be recorded. The
auto-recloser feeding that section will also have phoned home to say
it's tripped or (hopefully) locked out. The automatics are quick, if
the power stays off here for more than a few minutes I'm on the phone
reporting the outage. Quite often the response is "Oh, we not aware
of an outage there" click, click on keyboard, "oh yes, I see we do
have a problem...".

--
Cheers
Dave.