Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default Smart Meter Nonsense

On 21/01/2018 15:21, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 21 Jan 2018 13:18:37 +0000 (GMT), charles wrote:

Nothing prevents you from printing out your on-line statement.

Apart from the faff and if push came to shove it could be argued that
the dowloaded electronic document and any print of it has been
altered. A document printed on paper, with inks and machine I don't
have and matches those used by the company blows that out of the
water. There can also be problems with using a self printed utility
bill for ID verification, not everyone has photo ID.

Its easy to scan and change paper documents and then print them on a
colour laser.
You can't tell the difference without using a microscope and knowing
what to look for.
I have laser printed my utility bill and used it for ID without problems.