Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Smart Meter Nonsense

On Sun, 21 Jan 2018 13:47:54 -0000, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

I've got a ú5 device that does that. It's sat on my desk next to me and
picks up a signal by wireless from a clamp on the meter tail in the box
outside.

Aye, also connected to the server to log power use at one minute
intervals.

They can't cut me off, smart meter or not, without digging up the
ground.. My meter's on the outside wall of my house. Now why they
could pull the master fuse etc, there's nothing to stop me just putting
another one back in.

That's why they come a dig up the road. I wonder what a Smart Meter
does when it's been told to cut the supply and some one by passes it?
Will it report power on it's output terminals when supposedly "off"?
Will it report loss of power on its input if its reconnected(*),
cross matchable with recorded outages? Will "the system" notice no
useage reports after a while if left disconnected.

The connection from main cutout to meter is normally direct so not
easy to break into and maintain the supply to the meter whilst
working live. Not impossible but tricky in practice to avoid the
flash BANG.

--
Cheers
Dave.