Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Smart Meter Nonsense

On Sun, 21 Jan 2018 07:45:38 -0000, Brian Gaff wrote:

Well I expect its some awful default setting in the ever so helpful
settings that nobody knows exists until the system runs out of paper and
the postal bill goes through the roof.

Electronic bills/bank statements are OK but much prefer paper ones,
particulary for card/bank statements. I can tick off the entries as
being correct, write on the bill a pay by date and amount, place it
on the heap of others for payment to be set up next time I log into
online banking.

Trouble is the amount of paper you get with a paper bill thses days
is stupid and most of it useless "What is a kWHr?" "How can I save
energy?" etc. The core billing/statement information is all on a
single sheet, one or two other sheets go straight for recycling...
All I want are the facts, for a lecky bill that would fit into 1/3 of
a single side of A4, the upper 1/2 having address's, the lower 1/3
the paying in slip.

What amusses me is Barclays bank statements they are now at least
three sheets (only one useful). I remember a good few years ago, they
cut back paper statements to just to just the statement, this well
before electronic ones were available.

WTF can't companies offer a short form option of paper
bills/statements containing just the facts? It has to be opt in, so
those without net access (thus not able to set and option or download
a bill) get the "full" version by default.

--
Cheers
Dave.