Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Anyone try the Kreg hinge jig?

On Saturday, January 20, 2018 at 10:33:42 AM UTC-6, -MIKE- wrote:

See, I'm not the only one.
A lot of times I'll got for the broom instead of the vac and my wife is
like, "I thought you used your shop vac."
I always say, "It doesn't have to be that clean, right now."

Probably the fact that we clean up our jobs make us a bit unusual, no?

When working in an occupied house, part of my contractual verbiage says "at the end of each work day the work area will be left broom swept, and all loose material will be removed or secured".

We don't vac a job until we are done, or we need to due to dusty demo. At that point, we have been known to mop floors as well.

Unoccupied homes or office finish outs are cleaned for safety and the ability to work easily. Final cleanup is when we are finished. The rest of the time? Shop vac isn't even on the job. It's brooms and scoops the whole way, right up to the end.

Robert