Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_3_] Fredxx[_3_] is offline

Default Smart Meter Nonsense

On 20/01/2018 19:16, alan_m wrote:
On 20/01/2018 18:17, Peter Andrews wrote:
Can anybody explain why EDF need to write a letter to me, at least
once a year, to advise that they currently read my smart meter at 30
min intervals and that I can if I wish change to daily or monthly
readings

Life expectancy of the battery in the meter? The more it responds to a
request to transmit data the shorter the life of the battery?

I've read that when the battery fails the supply may be automatically
cut off.

I'm surprised an electric smart meter has a battery, apart from backup
purposes!