Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Anyone try the Kreg hinge jig?

This groups always provides at least a little entertainment. Usually after a thread is completely derailed, the usual suspects start picking at each other until one gets ****ed off.

Previously (paraphrased):

"thanks to everyone that has called, texted, emailed etc., asking about our welfare during these floods. We are OK, but the city of Houston is in real trouble"

Reply: "FU... FU! Don't tell me about RVs, my brother in law owns one and parks it where he wants as long as he wants!

"Does anyone have any information about the Kreg hinge jig?"

Reply: "Don't tell me a broom is better when it clearly isn't!"

LOL!

I don't have much use for dust collection as it just doesn't suit my style of working. When I was doing a lot of refinishing, I certainly used it. I had a 1 hp collector on wheels that I used to hook to my sander for seriously dust free sanding using my 16 gallon dust vac.

Doing demo in a house where there is a lot of cutting of sheetrock and some demo, the preferred method is drop down of plastic curtains securely taped to ceilings, walls and floors. Cleanup is ongoing during the day, with a good clean at the end of the day. No hoses on the floor, no moving the machine from room to room, etc. In an unoccupied house I have a plumber, electrician, maybe an A/C guy, painters, carpenters, and me all making dust by cutting sheet rock, repairing walls, modifying cabinets, hanging doors, sanding, insulating, and on and on. We clean every other day, or at the logical end of a process.

We don't always use a vac for a vac. One of my helpers a few years ago started cleaning out garage work areas and cleaning off patios or decks like this: rough sweep all the debris into a pile and pick it up with the pan (we use a snow scoop) and put it in the trash. Put the shop vac hose on the output side and blow the surfaces clean. I always wondered how he got the garages and patios so clean so fast. My old boss used to say that if you wanted the fastest, easiest way to do something, give the job to the laziest guy on site. They'll figure it out.

I don't use the shop vac as a blower in a house, but if I am working on a patio, deck, or a nearly empty garage, we always just blow the sawdust out and don't pick it up. My clients love the fact that we will blow off their outside surfaces and leave them really clean. If they only knew... they think we sweep off leaves and debris by hand and pick it all up. We even use it as a blower when we are cleaning up after landscaping.

Then there's that damn Kreg jig...

Robert