Posted to rec.woodworking
Eli the Bearded Eli the Bearded is offline

Default Speaking Of Phone Apps - Fraction Calculator Plus

In rec.woodworking, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Fraction Calculator Plus

The app puts 3 keypads on the screen so that you can directly enter
the integer portion, the numerator and the denominator.

Interesting UI choice. My old "scientific" calculator uses one keypand
and has you push a button between each part.

If you want, you can tap a button to see a scratchpad type screen
showing a "handwritten" breakdown of the steps required to get the
answer. That screen also shows you the decimal version of the answer,
e.g. 5.09375

If it could only convert yards to meters and inches to mm, my wife would
love it (she needs both fractions and those conversions for (writing)
sewing patterns).

Elijah
------
made her a chart of inches to cm/mm from 1/8" to 5"