Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Speaking Of Phone Apps - Fraction Calculator Plus

Mike's mention of the level app on his phone reminded me of an app I found a few months
ago and have been using quite often for my bookcase project.

Fraction Calculator Plus

The app puts 3 keypads on the screen so that you can directly enter the integer portion, the
numerator and the denominator.

1 15/32 + 3 5/8 = 5 3/32

If you want, you can tap a button to see a scratchpad type screen showing a "handwritten"
breakdown of the steps required to get the answer. That screen also shows you the decimal
version of the answer, e.g. 5.09375

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, January 19, 2018 at 3:26:54 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Mike's mention of the level app on his phone reminded me of an app I found a few months
ago and have been using quite often for my bookcase project.

Fraction Calculator Plus

The app puts 3 keypads on the screen so that you can directly enter the integer portion, the
numerator and the denominator.

1 15/32 + 3 5/8 = 5 3/32

If you want, you can tap a button to see a scratchpad type screen showing a "handwritten"
breakdown of the steps required to get the answer. That screen also shows you the decimal
version of the answer, e.g. 5.09375

P.S. Their website says "#1 Top Rated by Woodworker's" ;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

DerbyDad03 writes:
On Friday, January 19, 2018 at 3:26:54 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Mike's mention of the level app on his phone reminded me of an app I found a few months
ago and have been using quite often for my bookcase project.

Fraction Calculator Plus

The app puts 3 keypads on the screen so that you can directly enter the integer portion, the
numerator and the denominator.

1 15/32 + 3 5/8 = 5 3/32

If you want, you can tap a button to see a scratchpad type screen showing a "handwritten"
breakdown of the steps required to get the answer. That screen also shows you the decimal
version of the answer, e.g. 5.09375

P.S. Their website says "#1 Top Rated by Woodworker's" ;-)

Don't they teach fractions in school anymore?
Posted to rec.woodworking

In rec.woodworking, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Fraction Calculator Plus

The app puts 3 keypads on the screen so that you can directly enter
the integer portion, the numerator and the denominator.

Interesting UI choice. My old "scientific" calculator uses one keypand
and has you push a button between each part.

If you want, you can tap a button to see a scratchpad type screen
showing a "handwritten" breakdown of the steps required to get the
answer. That screen also shows you the decimal version of the answer,
e.g. 5.09375

If it could only convert yards to meters and inches to mm, my wife would
love it (she needs both fractions and those conversions for (writing)
sewing patterns).

Elijah
------
made her a chart of inches to cm/mm from 1/8" to 5"
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/19/2018 2:26 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Mike's mention of the level app on his phone reminded me of an app I found a few months
ago and have been using quite often for my bookcase project.

Fraction Calculator Plus

The app puts 3 keypads on the screen so that you can directly enter the integer portion, the
numerator and the denominator.

1 15/32 + 3 5/8 = 5 3/32

If you want, you can tap a button to see a scratchpad type screen showing a "handwritten"
breakdown of the steps required to get the answer. That screen also shows you the decimal
version of the answer, e.g. 5.09375

I am actually using the Calculated Industries Master Measure Pro on my
phone. Works just like the calculates you see at HD and Lowes and much
less expensive.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/19/2018 3:51 PM, Leon wrote:
On 1/19/2018 2:26 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Mike's mention of the level app on his phone reminded me of an app I
found a few months
ago and have been using quite often for my bookcase project.

Fraction Calculator Plus

The app puts 3 keypads on the screen so that you can directly enter
the integer portion, the
numerator and the denominator.

1 15/32 + 3 5/8 = 5 3/32

If you want, you can tap a button to see a scratchpad type screen
showing a "handwritten"
breakdown of the steps required to get the answer. That screen also
shows you the decimal
version of the answer, e.g. 5.09375

I am actually using the Calculated Industries Master Measure Pro on my
phone.Â* Works just like the calculates you see at HD and Lowes and much
less expensive.

I'll check the one you are pointing out.
This is the one I am using.

https://www.calculated.com/prd473/Me...r-Pro-App.html

Since I use a lot of Festool I can easily convert imperial into metric
and visa versa.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/19/2018 3:26 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Mike's mention of the level app on his phone reminded me of an app I found a few months
ago and have been using quite often for my bookcase project.

Fraction Calculator Plus

The app puts 3 keypads on the screen so that you can directly enter the integer portion, the
numerator and the denominator.

1 15/32 + 3 5/8 = 5 3/32

If you want, you can tap a button to see a scratchpad type screen showing a "handwritten"
breakdown of the steps required to get the answer. That screen also shows you the decimal
version of the answer, e.g. 5.09375

I like Tapeulator

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tape...482504435?mt=8

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, January 19, 2018 at 4:20:55 PM UTC-5, Scott Lurndal wrote:
DerbyDad03 writes:
On Friday, January 19, 2018 at 3:26:54 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Mike's mention of the level app on his phone reminded me of an app I found a few months
ago and have been using quite often for my bookcase project.

Fraction Calculator Plus

The app puts 3 keypads on the screen so that you can directly enter the integer portion, the
numerator and the denominator.

1 15/32 + 3 5/8 = 5 3/32

If you want, you can tap a button to see a scratchpad type screen showing a "handwritten"
breakdown of the steps required to get the answer. That screen also shows you the decimal
version of the answer, e.g. 5.09375

P.S. Their website says "#1 Top Rated by Woodworker's" ;-)

Don't they teach fractions in school anymore?

I'm too busy cleaning up the router shavings with a broom to do any math.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 19 Jan 2018 22:24:43 GMT, Puckdropper
wrote:

Get a nice answer like 4/32? Hey look, your rule reads in 32nds, you can
just count four lines! What do you mean you've reduced to 1/8? Do you
WANT the abyss to consume your mathematical soul?

But math is my first and only language I am fluent in (I suck at
english). ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, January 19, 2018 at 6:44:28 PM UTC-6, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I'm too busy cleaning up the router shavings with a broom to do any math.

LOL!! Hell, yeah!

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking

I have an app called stud finder. I tried to open it to get more info to share and got message that the developer needs to update it to work on current version of
iOS. When I used it last year it worked well.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/20/2018 7:08 PM, Gramps' shop wrote:
I have an app called stud finder. I tried to open it to get more info to share and got message that the developer needs to update it to work on current version of
iOS. When I used it last year it worked well.

Still does. When I opened the app it showed my picture.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sunday, January 21, 2018 at 8:02:15 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/20/2018 7:08 PM, Gramps' shop wrote:
I have an app called stud finder. I tried to open it to get more info to share and got message that the developer needs to update it to work on current version of
iOS. When I used it last year it worked well.

Still does. When I opened the app it showed my picture.

Oh...it's one of those fantasy game apps.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob Bob is offline

On Friday, January 19, 2018 at 2:26:54 PM UTC-6, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Mike's mention of the level app on his phone reminded me of an app I found a few months
ago and have been using quite often for my bookcase project.

Fraction Calculator Plus

I use the Dewalt Mobile Pro app. Its free and has lots of addins for carpentry and construction work.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 21 Jan 2018 07:43:23 -0800 (PST), Bob
wrote:

On Friday, January 19, 2018 at 2:26:54 PM UTC-6, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Mike's mention of the level app on his phone reminded me of an app I found a few months
ago and have been using quite often for my bookcase project.

Fraction Calculator Plus

I use the Dewalt Mobile Pro app. Its free and has lots of addins for carpentry and construction work.

Just a note on the level in the phone. Coworker used a level on his
phone to make sure that some posters we hung in the office were level.
They looked crooked. More investigation revealed that (according to
his phone anyway) the whole building is about 2 degrees out of plumb.
Posted to rec.woodworking

J. Clarke wrote in
:

Just a note on the level in the phone. Coworker used a level on his
phone to make sure that some posters we hung in the office were level.
They looked crooked. More investigation revealed that (according to
his phone anyway) the whole building is about 2 degrees out of plumb.

I just downloaded the Ridgid branded level. Nice program, actually. One
of the first things I had to do was use the calibration function. ;-)
Funny, my shelves were about 2 degrees out before calibration.

I wonder if I can turn that line in camera mode so it goes straight up and
down. It'd be great for checking whether a post is plumb or not.

Puckdropper
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/21/2018 12:06 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
J. Clarke wrote in
:

Just a note on the level in the phone. Coworker used a level on his
phone to make sure that some posters we hung in the office were level.
They looked crooked. More investigation revealed that (according to
his phone anyway) the whole building is about 2 degrees out of plumb.

I just downloaded the Ridgid branded level. Nice program, actually. One
of the first things I had to do was use the calibration function. ;-)
Funny, my shelves were about 2 degrees out before calibration.

I wonder if I can turn that line in camera mode so it goes straight up and
down.

It'd be great for checking whether a post is plumb or not.

Few posts on this news group are plumb. ;~)

Puckdropper

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sunday, January 21, 2018 at 1:21:20 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
On 1/21/2018 12:06 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
J. Clarke wrote in
:

Just a note on the level in the phone. Coworker used a level on his
phone to make sure that some posters we hung in the office were level.
They looked crooked. More investigation revealed that (according to
his phone anyway) the whole building is about 2 degrees out of plumb.

I just downloaded the Ridgid branded level. Nice program, actually. One
of the first things I had to do was use the calibration function. ;-)
Funny, my shelves were about 2 degrees out before calibration.

I wonder if I can turn that line in camera mode so it goes straight up and
down.

It'd be great for checking whether a post is plumb or not.

Few posts on this news group are plumb. ;~)

Very good...very, very good. ;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On Friday, January 19, 2018 at 2:26:54 PM UTC-6, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Mike's mention of the level app on his phone reminded me of an app I found a few months
ago and have been using quite often for my bookcase project.

Fraction Calculator Plus

I use the Dewalt Mobile Pro app. Its free and has lots of addins for carpentry and construction work.

Just a note on the level in the phone. Coworker used a level on his
phone to make sure that some posters we hung in the office were level.
They looked crooked. More investigation revealed that (according to
his phone anyway) the whole building is about 2 degrees out of plumb.

I worked for a government contractor that was like that.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 21 Jan 2018 12:21:11 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 1/21/2018 12:06 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
J. Clarke wrote in
:

Just a note on the level in the phone. Coworker used a level on his
phone to make sure that some posters we hung in the office were level.
They looked crooked. More investigation revealed that (according to
his phone anyway) the whole building is about 2 degrees out of plumb.

I just downloaded the Ridgid branded level. Nice program, actually. One
of the first things I had to do was use the calibration function. ;-)
Funny, my shelves were about 2 degrees out before calibration.

I wonder if I can turn that line in camera mode so it goes straight up and
down.

It'd be great for checking whether a post is plumb or not.

Few posts on this news group are plumb. ;~)

How many of yours are on the level, Leon? ;-)