Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default Heat resistant cable between LED bulb holder and LED driver, what kind?

On Fri, 19 Jan 2018 09:28:59 -0800 (PST), whisky-dave
wrote:

On Friday, 19 January 2018 17:06:17 UTC, MM wrote:
On Fri, 19 Jan 2018 16:49:19 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

I'm not sure you would need it with leds.
Brian

Provided it is low voltage you could put yuor finger close by to see if it gets hpt, very unlikley too with LEDs.

Just bog-standard blue or brown cables ripped from a PC power cable,
then?

Heat restistant sleeving is sometimes called silicone sleeving we use it on our soldering irons in case the students rest the iron on the cable.

Yes almost any colours should do but best to stick to something like blue or brown or red black .

For future refernce this is the sort of sleeving that is heat resistant.

https://www.rapidonline.com/catalogu...one%20sleeving

Thanks. Actually, I got the step ladder out again and put my hand just
under the new LED bulb. Heat barely detectable. Then I went to one of
the existing halogen bulbs, phew! What a difference.

MM