Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Anyone try the Kreg hinge jig?

On Friday, January 19, 2018 at 9:37:55 AM UTC-5, Scott Lurndal wrote:
DerbyDad03 writes:
On Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 9:47:52 AM UTC-5, Scott Lurndal wrote:
DerbyDad03 writes:
On Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 2:17:22 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 8:02:35 PM UTC-6, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I set this up about 6 months ago and it still makes me smile. I have a really
small shop and keeping it clean keeps it from getting even smaller. It may
not look like much, but compared *nothing* or compared to dragging the
wet-dry vac around and hooking it up to whatever tool I was using at the
time, it's an unbelievably huge improvement.

He doesn't have enough equipment to warrant even that. His gear is a mix of inherited stuff,
garage sale stuff, broken stuff, a few of my tools I have given him that I think are on their last
leg (compressor, leaking air hose, saw with a bad guard and bearings), or anything he can
borrow from me after a quick phone call to find out if he can.

If he's working wood, he's making saw dust. A vac in a cabinet (vented in the rear) and a couple
of extension hoses will improve his efficiency and increase his desire to do more.

I don't agree - brooms were sufficient for centuries before shop-vacs became
were even invented....

Bloodletting was sufficient for quite some time also.

When I get home tonight I'll stick my broom into the hole in the back of my router table
fence and see if I am just as efficient as with my vac.

In my dictionary "sufficient" and "efficient" are two different words.

Then what was your point in responding in the way you did? I said a vac would improve
his "efficiency" and you *disagreed*, stating that brooms were "sufficient". What were you
disagreeing with?

"The house is blue."

"I disagree. It's a ranch."