Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Heat resistant cable between LED bulb holder and LED driver, what kind?

On Friday, 19 January 2018 15:38:55 UTC, Tim+ wrote:
MM wrote:

I've just installed my first LED driver and bulb in place of a halogen
downlight, I did this as a test. The LED functions 100% without
flicker. Only another 24 to go!

However, the LED driver didn't come with any wires attached, so I
re-used the heat-resistant cables off the old halogen bulb's
transformer. (I used bog-standard blue and neutral cables to connect
the 240V input to the brown junction box.)

Whenever I've had to purchase a new halogen transformer in the past,
it's always come wired up already. So what is the correct name of this
heat-resistant cable so that I can search for it?

Thanks.

By the way, the LED driver is this one:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If I instead chose the following, it comes with wires, but costs
around £2.50 mo
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BMBKH... 17J1AN&psc=0

Multiplied by 24, that £2.50 saving per bulb is significant.

MM

Um, do you NEED heat resistant wire?

Tim

no