Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Anyone try the Kreg hinge jig?

On Thu, 18 Jan 2018 12:59:35 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 9:47:52 AM UTC-5, Scott Lurndal wrote:
DerbyDad03 writes:
On Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 2:17:22 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 8:02:35 PM UTC-6, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I set this up about 6 months ago and it still makes me smile. I have a really
small shop and keeping it clean keeps it from getting even smaller. It may
not look like much, but compared *nothing* or compared to dragging the
wet-dry vac around and hooking it up to whatever tool I was using at the
time, it's an unbelievably huge improvement.

He doesn't have enough equipment to warrant even that. His gear is a mix of inherited stuff,
garage sale stuff, broken stuff, a few of my tools I have given him that I think are on their last
leg (compressor, leaking air hose, saw with a bad guard and bearings), or anything he can
borrow from me after a quick phone call to find out if he can.

If he's working wood, he's making saw dust. A vac in a cabinet (vented in the rear) and a couple
of extension hoses will improve his efficiency and increase his desire to do more.

I don't agree - brooms were sufficient for centuries before shop-vacs became
were even invented....

Bloodletting was sufficient for quite some time also.

When I get home tonight I'll stick my broom into the hole in the back of my router table
fence and see if I am just as efficient as with my vac.

You see, that's your problem. You designed the router table with just
a little hole in the back. If you'd kept the bottom of the table
open, the shavings would just fall to the floor where your broom could
"easily" sweep them up. ...maybe after they get knee deep. Silly
you! ;-)