Andrew Mawson

Default Christmas lights

"mich" wrote in message
I am having difficulty getting a set of Christmas lights to stay in situ!
I want them round my window. I have a wooden window frame.

They are indoor lights. I have tried pinning them with drawing pins, blue
tacking them and taping them. Tape wont stick on window.
Drawing pins are popping out because the wire on the lights is a bit thick
and the pins not long enough to accommodate it and go into the frame.

Blue tack, the wire is too heavy to hold

I am reluctant to do too much damage to my window frames , or have large
holes in them , so nails is a non starter.

How do other people get their lights up?

Quick dabs from a hot glue gun along the wires - it'll pull off easily later
if you make them small

Andrew