Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Anyone try the Kreg hinge jig?

On Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 6:59:03 PM UTC-5, wrote:

....snip...

He doesn't have the money to purchase a dust collection system (and
nowhere to put it).

....snip...

Actually he might.

https://i.imgur.com/d8qYrLF.jpg

The wet-dry vac cost about $50, the plywood for the cabinet cost about $30.
The foam was free. (It's an old egg crate mattress pad that I had lying
around.) The blue hose is a section from a 30' pool hose that I bought on
CL for $25. Toss in a couple of adapters and I've got way less than $150
into the system.

The white box on the right side of the miter saw is the remote that turns
on the wet-dry vac. It's velcro'd on so I can take it with me. (Read on)

When I'm not using the miter saw, I swap the shop vac hose to the white
PVC adapter on the pool hose. That 1 1/4 hose hanging over the plywood
connects to the pool hose on the other side of the shop. I use it at the
workbench for my pocket hole jig, ROS, disk sander, etc. as well as
general clean-up. (That's why the remote travels with me.)

I have another length of wet-dry vac hose that I attach to the main one for
use with my band saw, router table fence, combo sander, etc. (That's why the
remote travels with me.)

I set this up about 6 months ago and it still makes me smile. I have a really
small shop and keeping it clean keeps it from getting even smaller. It may
not look like much, but compared *nothing* or compared to dragging the
wet-dry vac around and hooking it up to whatever tool I was using at the
time, it's an unbelievably huge improvement.