Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Free - Foundations of Mechanical Accuracy

On Wed, 17 Jan 2018 10:33:28 -0500
Ed Huntress wrote:

snip
Hmm. You have a text list of collections. Here's what I see. The first
page is the opening, and the second page is what you see when you
start scrolling down. There are pages after pages of these icons:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mz3s5qxrbc...e%201.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eaitvl9ivv...e%202.png?dl=0

When you click on a collection icon, I get more pages of icons -- as
many icons as are in that top-level collection.

Are you able to scroll down through multiple pages of collections like
that?

If I enable Java script and images I get the same as your screen shot.
With JS off like my screen shot it's just laid out different. Read the
top two titles on my screen shot. Same as the icons on your first two
starting on the left.

Cool stuff. I'm going to have to learn how to use this thing. I only
came across it a few weeks ago, and have explored it a bit by way of
the collections.

I tried to turn people on to this here years ago, pointing out cool old
books that are still relevant. Nobody pays attention to old books...

This is the same site that has the old "Way back machine" too. It's the
search at the top of the page. You can find a lot of old defunct
websites archived there with a little bit of work and deduction.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b