Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Anyone try the Kreg hinge jig?

On 1/16/18 12:34 PM, Leon wrote:
On 1/16/2018 10:56 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 1/16/18 8:38 AM, Leon wrote:
Every time we get further into this discussion I remember more aspects
of that last, big replacement job I did.Â* Time is money for us and time
adds up very quickly.

I think the biggest time savers for me on that jog was having the vac
hose, locked in position the entire time, every time.Â* After more than
50 holes drilled, I had less debris on the floor than if I had drilled
one one without a vac.

Yeah! LOLÂ* I need to figure out a way to drill those holes with out my
wife holding the DC hose at the drill site.

Wait, surely Festool has it's own recessed hinge boring jig with dust
extraction and systainer!!
Why don't you own it? :-p

The other aspect that saved time/money was the fact that I didn't have
to measure or mark anything.Â* As fast as I could set the door on the
table, I was ready to drill.Â* The actual drilling was the slowest part
of the entire process.

Yeah, and as you mentioned, stops on the fence speed up production but
then I found that I double handled each door because the stops only
worked for one end of the door before relocating.Â* I pretty much went
straight to using a fixed marking gauge for the top and bottoms of the
door and a center line mark on the fence, as I mentioned before.
Flip stops for two hinge doors would seem to be the answer, again as you
mentioned.

The next slowest part of the project was putting those little screws in.
Â*Â*Last ceiling fan I installed, the blade attaching screws were connected
to the bracket so all you had to do was hold the blade in place and
drive the screws.Â* If they could figure a way to do that with these cup
hinges that would be awesome.

You are in luck!Â* You still have to drill the holes, and probably more
precisely but take a look here.

Well actually you would have to seriously step up your game to justify
the cost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ376u3bWNo

Only $20,000!

--