Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default I've hacked off some tiles ....

On Sunday, 14 January 2018 08:42:38 UTC, GB wrote:
On 13/01/2018 21:16, tabbypurr wrote:

I did have a 3.5 tonne digger though

obviously there are other situations in which it's the preferable option too. Smoe people are just trolling twits and that's all there is to it.

If I had a 3.5 tonne digger and a suitable plot to dig on, any excuse
would do. Burying plasterboard, why not?

For an ordinary town dweller, it's not that practical. We are on heavy
clay, so that digging more than a spade's depth is bloody hard work. If
I did have to dispose of plasterboard that way, I'd leave it to soften
up in the rain, then break it up and dig it into the top soil, which is
pretty much clay anyway. It's a lot less trouble to take it to the dump.

I'm not clear why you appear to think a hole must be dug to put it in. Maybe you've encountered less varied living situations than I have. Who knows.

NT