Posted to rec.woodworking
Keith nuttle Keith nuttle is offline

Default Jointing On A Router Table - Can't Keep Even Pressure

On 1/13/2018 6:31 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
My problem is that I am not able to keep consistent pressure on the
out-feed fence as I reposition my hands. I get the bump shown below because
board is moving away from the bit just a little, therefore less than 1/16"
of wood is being removed until my hands are back in place applying pressure
against the fence.

https://i.imgur.com/hjSOHrP.jpg

While sanding or planing is a possible solution, there is always the danger
of taking off just a little to much and causing a gap. From what I've read
or watched, this method is supposed to work, so ether it's my technique
or my equipment.

As I said above this is precisely the problem that I was having when
routing the profiles on picture frames. While manually holding the
piece, the piece would tend to wiggle near the end of the piece or when
I readjusted my hands.

The use of in fed and out fed feather board prevented this wiggle. The
feather boards do not need to place a lot of pressure on the piece just
enough to hold it firmly against the fence.

--
2017: The year we learn to play the great game of Euchre