Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Default I've hacked off some tiles ....

jim k Wrote in message:
Wrote in message:
On Friday, 12 January 2018 21:04:04 UTC, Steve Walker wrote:
On 12/01/2018 11:28, GB wrote:
Got rid of the old tiles in the kitchen.

Some of them were on plasterboard, and I have some holes to mend, but I
can cope with that. The problem is that some of the old tile adhesive is
still adhering to the PB. What's the best way of getting a clean
surface, ready for retiling, without destroying the PB?

Unless someone has used the waterproof adhesive (generally people
don't), warm water often softens it very well - how much it will soften
the plasterboard is another matter,

it's _the_ matter.

but you've got nothing to lose
trying it.

no, other than a 100% waste of time & energy

I removed large amounts of tile adhesive this way in our bathroom, but
that was on plastered brick rather than plasterboard.

quite

NT

Exactly when was the last time you tried to do this?

Why do some ****s insist on continually declaring their armchair
expertise as "the only answer" to tasks they did "once, long ago"
& badly"?

Tells more about their cludgy psyche than they realise :-D
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/