Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Anyone try the Kreg hinge jig?

On 1/12/2018 10:47 AM, wrote:
I'm not following. Isn't that what the cam adjustments are for on the jig? Are you saying that they may not be sturdy enough to hold it well?

I would want to see how the cams lock to the predetermined position. If
a friction fit they could simply slip out of adjustment, cams by design
are supposed to slip over a surface. With out a hard solid stop I would
be skeptical. Not saying that this is a problem but I have bought some
Kreg jigs that were not well thought out. The Shelf pin jig for
instance. If you use more than one shelf pin jig the assembly binds. BTDT.

And Mike, good thoughts on the drill bit. They sell this contraption at Woodcraft so I can go over there sometime next week and make sure the carbide bit has two little ears on it that cut as well. I remember way back when when the cheaper sets did not have that.

Robert