Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default I've hacked off some tiles ....

On 12/01/2018 11:28, GB wrote:
Got rid of the old tiles in the kitchen.

Some of them were on plasterboard, and I have some holes to mend, but I
can cope with that. The problem is that some of the old tile adhesive is
still adhering to the PB. What's the best way of getting a clean
surface, ready for retiling, without destroying the PB?

I have found a sharp wide wood chisel of the sort intended for hitting
with a hammer useful against the most stubborn tile adhesive. But a lot
of it will come off with a wallpaper scraper if you are lucky.

Expect some collateral damage unless you have a very steady hand.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown