Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Aldi, the German discounter

In article ,
wrote:
On Thu, 11 Jan 2018 14:16:55 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Brian Reay wrote:
One thing I've not seen in Aldi- a food bank collection point. Other
supermarkets have them- even for pets- but not Aldi.

I've never quite understood those. You buy something in a store then
donate it to a food bank? Wouldn't money make more sense so the food
bank would have the money to buy what's most needed? Or, of course get
given stuff by the supermarkets once it's passed its sell by date.

Sometimes you can take advantage of a BOGOF deal where you only really
need one of the product and donate the other.

Ah - never thought of that. Would explain why no such boxes at Lidl. They
don't do BOGOF.

--
*When the chips are down, the buffalo is empty*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.