Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Aldi, the German discounter

On Thu, 11 Jan 2018 14:16:55 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Brian Reay wrote:
One thing I've not seen in Aldi- a food bank collection point. Other
supermarkets have them- even for pets- but not Aldi.

I've never quite understood those. You buy something in a store then
donate it to a food bank? Wouldn't money make more sense so the food bank
would have the money to buy what's most needed? Or, of course get given
stuff by the supermarkets once it's passed its sell by date.

Sometimes you can take advantage of a BOGOF deal where you only really
need one of the product and donate the other.

G.Harman