Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair
Harry Newton Harry Newton is offline

Default Apple throttled your iPhone by cutting its speed almost in HALF!

On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 11:49:55 -0500, rickman wrote:

Yep, all batteries degrade with time and use. But the batteries in question
degraded more and faster than Apple expected requiring action on their part
after the sale.

"iPhones start slowing down after a year of use, and that+IBk-s way too soon"
https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/12/20/16803190/iphone-slowdown-is-needed-but-also-a-problem

I agree with your logic, rickman, but you're dealing with Apple Apologists
whose very belief system is shaken off its foundations when the truth about
Apple is revealed to them.

I just supplied a quote that says only Apple iPhones "begin to fall apart
after a year", which is the main point. In Europe, that's within the
whole-phone warranty period, and certainly within the whole-phone warranty
period of the Android LG Stylo 3 Plus phones I bought over Christmas.

The point is that a year is too soon, and it only happens, en masse, with
Apple, and Apple is the ONLY manufacturer who throttles the CPU with an iOS
update (secretly in the past, and more openly in the future).

Basically, you must logically *halve* any benchmark for an iPhone, if you
plan to own an iPhone for more than a year.