Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Belt Sander/Grinder

On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 15:37:12 -0700, Bob La Londe
wrote:

On 1/10/2018 2:45 AM, wrote:
I personally don't have a belt grinder, but I'm considering getting

one. By luck, I was recently going through the Grizzly Industrial
Catalog and saw their belt grinder that appears to be worth trying. Then
I googled and found a review on it along with other grinders -
https://mechanicguides.com/best-belt-grinders/ .

Has anyone on here used the Grizzly? If so, could you describe the

quality?

I don't have their grinder, but I do have 3 Griz WW machines and love
them. Finish is good, fit can be iffy, but if you have a file and
reamer as you put it together, they're fine machines for a lower
price. Griz (China and Taiwan origins) does a much better QC job than
HFT does.

Thanks!

The little baby 1x30 Grizzly they show in that review is probably better
quality than a similar Harbor Freight model (which I happen to own and
use daily for deburring steel) but its not in the same class as the 2x72
machines. Its really not even in the same school.

I use my 1x30 Delta for deburring most often, too.

--
Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplacable spark.

In the hopeless swamps of the not quite, the not yet, and
the not at all, do not let the hero in your soul perish
and leave only frustration for the life you deserved, but
never have been able to reach.

The world you desire can be won, it exists, it is real,
it is possible, it is yours.
-- Ayn Rand