Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair
Ant[_5_] Ant[_5_] is offline

Default Apple throttled your iPhone by cutting its speed almost in HALF!

On 2018-01-10, rickman wrote:
nospam wrote on 1/10/2018 10:02 AM:

if the battery fails a diagnostic test (or any other component) it
will be replaced under warranty. if it passes, then there's no reason
to replace it.

The only test I really care about is running the phone the way it did
when new. If it doesn't do that the diagnostic test is pointless.

You don't even own an iPhone.

Meanwhile I know plenty of people (including me) who use their iPhones
for 3-5 years with no problem without replacing the battery. There's no
evidence of a widespread defect in Apple's batteries, just like there's
no evidence that the majority of them die within a year.

Still using an old iPhone 4S with its original battery. I don't use it
much. Its batttery life does suck badly (e.g., could shut it down within
30 minutes with Pokemon Go), but the key part is not to use it often and
under control. Also, I keep its cellular, backaground apps, etc. in
control. I wonder how much longer I can keep using it before replacing
it or its battery (probably not worth it since its iOS is so old, slow,
and unsupported).

--
Quote of the Week: "All good work is done the way ants do things: Little by little." --Lafcadio Hearn
/\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org
| |o o| | ing, then please kindly use Ant nickname and URL/link.
\ _ /
( )