Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Apple throttled your iPhone by cutting its speed almost in HALF!

On Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at 9:01:10 AM UTC-5, rickman wrote:
nospam wrote on 1/7/2018 1:42 PM:
In article , rickman
wrote:

I think a battery that prevents the device from running at full speed
because the unit shuts down would be considered to be "truly defective".

if *you* were the product manager, what would *you* do, given that
batteries age and there's no getting around that?

Everything wears out. If I sold autos and gave a 3 year, 36,000 mile
warranty and had customers who's cars used a quart or two of oil between
changes during the warranty period, would you think it reasonable that I
said, "engines wear, oil burns, no warranty claim" and then secretly updated
firmware in all my customer's engines, that prevented the oil leak/burn but
prevented the engine from running at full capacity?

No one would tolerate this from any manufacturer.

Harry may be a bit of a odd ball, but he is right that you are blowing smoke
about this. The fact that batteries wear does not mean a phone can't be
designed that won't have it's performance limited by the battery during the
warranty period. Get over it and quit saying "batteries age" like it is a
holy mantra. Yeah, they age and the product should be designed with that in
mind so the product still works 100% during the warranty period.

and if you are going to make an update that effects performance,
don't try to keep it secret.