Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Apple throttled your iPhone by cutting its speed almost in HALF!

On Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at 1:13:59 PM UTC-5, Jolly Roger wrote:

Meanwhile I know plenty of people (including me) who use their iPhones
for 3-5 years with no problem without replacing the battery. There's no
evidence of a widespread defect in Apple's batteries, just like there's
no evidence that the majority of them die within a year.

My wife walked into the Apple Store in Willow Grove, PA on December 28th. They took one look at her phone (I-6) and replaced her battery - no cost. Her complaint was that it did not hold a charge. It did not. Verizon sent her to Apple as they do not cover batteries or the physical phone itself.

Her phone two (2) years old.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA