Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Aldi, the German discounter

On Tuesday, 9 January 2018 21:12:49 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 9 January 2018 12:23:04 UTC, FMurtz wrote:
whisky-dave wrote:

Some of us have better things to do than go out to supermarkets for a
day out.

I just made some melon and lemon and melon and pineapple jam.

Good for you.

Lsst night about 11:30pm I had a cockel sandwhich they don't make them in
the shops where I buy my lunch they don;t have them in the college cafes
and we have a few cafes here, there's a number of fast food outlets nearby
too.
Locally we have 2 co-ops, 2 sainsburys, a subways a couple of burger
joints a KFC a greedy cow. nandos and a number of other small food
outlets.

it can not be bought here any more,IXL used to have tins, neither can
the jam melons(citron melon), I had to import the seeds and grow my own
melons.

I used to make my own cocktails because they didn't serve them in the club
I went to, use to smuggle in a 37.5CL bottle of it premixed sometimes a
50cl bottle.
When I used to go to the hippadrome and camden palace it was a small
bottle of ribena and a half bottle of captain morgan or 1/2 bottle of
bacardi.
Yes rum was my favorite drink in the 80s and no one called me whisky dave
then for some strange reason.

The shops stopped selling them 40 or 50 years ago(green grocer said some
immigrants bought them thinking they would be edible and then complained
and I suppose people stopped making jam so he stopped selling them)
Maybe Tasmania may sell them?

I'm pretty sure I can buy melons, pinapples and lemons.

Jam melons arent normal melons.

Last week I had melon slices luncthtine from the co-op in one
of those little snake pots, they do grape & straberrys, pinapple
and other such stuff even pommigranate seeds.
Perhaps where you live they don't do exotic fruits such as melon.

Plenty of melons, just not jam melons.

You;d have thought if they were popular you;d be able to get them almost anywhere.