Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default 1$ Sun Glasses From The Dollar Store

On Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 5:46:08 PM UTC-5, The Real Bev wrote:

And they should have been designed a lot better. Do dogs have as wide
a variety of distortions as humans do? Maybe the ones that did just
died before they reproduced...

Dogs, yes they most certainly do have the same issues with their eyes as humans. That it does not commonly manifest is because most dogs are either reasonably close to their ancestral DNA (wolves) and/or do not live long enough.

But two of our Golden Retrieves who passed age 13 had cataracts, and our present Golden is somewhat near-sighted. Frisbees 'go away' after about 30' or so. As we breed our dogs away from their ancestry, we will be seeing more and more of this.

One more interesting thought: Corrective lenses were once quite uncommon. After several wars (and better diagnoses available), they are now necessary for 71% of the population, with leaps after each significant war.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA