Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default 1$ Sun Glasses From The Dollar Store

On Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 5:46:08 PM UTC-5, The Real Bev wrote:

And they should have been designed a lot better. Do dogs have as wide
a variety of distortions as humans do? Maybe the ones that did just
died before they reproduced...

Dogs, yes they most certainly do have the same issues with their eyes as humans. That it does not commonly manifest is because most dogs are either reasonably close to their ancestral DNA (wolves) and/or do not live long enough.

But two of our Golden Retrieves who passed age 13 had cataracts, and our present Golden is somewhat near-sighted. Frisbees 'go away' after about 30' or so. As we breed our dogs away from their ancestry, we will be seeing more and more of this.

One more interesting thought: Corrective lenses were once quite uncommon. After several wars (and better diagnoses available), they are now necessary for 71% of the population, with leaps after each significant war.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 01/10/2018 07:49 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 5:46:08 PM UTC-5, The Real Bev wrote:

And they should have been designed a lot better. Do dogs have as
wide a variety of distortions as humans do? Maybe the ones that
did just died before they reproduced...

Dogs, yes they most certainly do have the same issues with their eyes
as humans. That it does not commonly manifest is because most dogs
are either reasonably close to their ancestral DNA (wolves) and/or do
not live long enough.

But two of our Golden Retrieves who passed age 13 had cataracts, and
our present Golden is somewhat near-sighted. Frisbees 'go away' after
about 30' or so. As we breed our dogs away from their ancestry, we
will be seeing more and more of this.

Near us there is a small vet complex including a doggie ophthalmologist.
I wonder how many dogs will tolerate having contacts inserted/removed,
or if they have to be sedated each time, as well as during the diagnosis.

One more interesting thought: Corrective lenses were once quite
uncommon. After several wars (and better diagnoses available), they
are now necessary for 71% of the population, with leaps after each
significant war.

I wonder if people are just increasingly less tolerant of imperfection
as technology improves. I'm still bitter about having too much
astigmatism to benefit from the really nice multi-focal IOLs available
now for cataract surgery, and 30 years ago I would have just been happy
to see SOMETHING clearly again :-(

--
Cheers, Bev
Judges are our only protection against a legal system that can
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 13:50:43 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at 1:41:47 PM UTC-5, The Real Bev wrote:
On 01/10/2018 07:49 AM, wrote:

I wonder if people are just increasingly less tolerant of imperfection
as technology improves. I'm still bitter about having too much
astigmatism to benefit from the really nice multi-focal IOLs available
now for cataract surgery, and 30 years ago I would have just been happy
to see SOMETHING clearly again :-(

Mpffff... Agreed on the spirit of all that.

I would be purblind and in a wheelchair, also in great pain if even still alive were it not for Medical Science. My wife much worse.

Corrective lenses, vaccinations, artificial hip (and the next one scheduled within 6 months), antibiotics, and so forth.

My wife would be either dead or a C2 paralytic from galloping stenosis. Also a hip, lenses, vaccinations and antibiotics.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Yeah, ain't modern medicine great? My wife was saved by a good doc
after her appendicitis was mis-diagnosed by a quack. My older brother
would have died long ago if it wasn't for surgery to remove a chunk of
colon that would have killed him from cancer. I avoided paralysis by
about 6 months from stenosis. My wrists both move after being crushed.
All that hardware they put in to hold all the tiny pieces bone is
pretty impressive. I am a year out from being declared most likely
cancer free after being diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer.
Eric
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 01/10/2018 01:50 PM, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at 1:41:47 PM UTC-5, The Real Bev
wrote:
On 01/10/2018 07:49 AM,
wrote:

I wonder if people are just increasingly less tolerant of
imperfection as technology improves. I'm still bitter about having
too much astigmatism to benefit from the really nice multi-focal
IOLs available now for cataract surgery, and 30 years ago I would
have just been happy to see SOMETHING clearly again :-(

Mpffff... Agreed on the spirit of all that.

I would be purblind and in a wheelchair, also in great pain if even
still alive were it not for Medical Science. My wife much worse.

Corrective lenses, vaccinations, artificial hip (and the next one
scheduled within 6 months), antibiotics, and so forth.

My wife would be either dead or a C2 paralytic from galloping
stenosis. Also a hip, lenses, vaccinations and antibiotics.

All my life I've been healthy. Organs fine, rarely get sick. My eyes
suck and I have minimal aerobic capacity (neither does Dr. Michael
Mosley [Brit presenter of very good medical programs, definitely worth
watching]) which has limited my athletic performance and I have some
protruding disks which are a nuisance, but not debilitating. I get
****ed when I have something wrong and just expect to have everything
work. Goddammit, I pay enough for medical insurance, it should damn
well WORK!!!!

I just had my cataracts done because of lifetime unclear vision, not
anything having to do with the cataracts themselves.

--
Cheers, Bev
"If you expect to score points by whining, join a European soccer team."

Blue LED night lites from the Dollar Store Andy[_26_] Home Repair 50 November 15th 20 11:01 PM
Black Friday at the Dollar Store Oren[_2_] Home Repair 2 November 22nd 10 07:19 PM
Sun tile or sun pipe? Quiggles UK diy 4 July 4th 06 02:43 PM
Million Dollar property Experiment Richard Faulkner UK diy 17 December 3rd 03 11:27 PM