Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default [OT] Glasses case

On 10/01/2018 12:51, Martin Brown wrote:
On 09/01/2018 22:37, JoeJoe wrote:
Not actually for myself, but for a friend's teenage son.

She is looking for recommendations for a strong, hard, as light as
possible, and as small as possible case for glasses. He takes it to
school and keeps it in his blazer pocket.

He is already on the 3rd case since the beginning of the year...Â* All
were of the cheap type that you get for free with the glasses from the
optician, and did not survive, so looking for something more robust.

In what way did they fail?

I doubt if any glasses cases can survive being stamped on by a teenager.

I elected for titanium frame glasses precisely because they can survive
almost any amount of mechanical abuse. They strip the steel screw
threads bare if provoked violently enough but that is about it.

Opticians try to foist soft slip cases on you, I usually insist on
proper metal hinged clamshell ones, which really take a lot of abuse.
The rigid plastic versions are pretty durable too.