Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default [OT] Glasses case

On 09/01/2018 22:37, JoeJoe wrote:
Not actually for myself, but for a friend's teenage son.

She is looking for recommendations for a strong, hard, as light as
possible, and as small as possible case for glasses. He takes it to
school and keeps it in his blazer pocket.

He is already on the 3rd case since the beginning of the year...Â* All
were of the cheap type that you get for free with the glasses from the
optician, and did not survive, so looking for something more robust.

It may be worth trying a small optician, rather than one of the 'high
street' ones. While the latter are fine for the glasses, the 'old
fashioned' steel cases that you used to get seem to have gone by the
board in such places. The old style cases were steel, covered in fabric
etc, and could be stood on.

Another option, some places sell metal cases with logos on them- often
related to TV shows etc. We used to buy them for our daughter but I
expect they are available in styles boys would like (being non-PC).

are depriving those in real need!

https://www.gov.uk/report-benefit-fraud