Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wifi calling on payge sim and a cheap phone?

On 09/01/18 18:25, Andy Burns wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Spend 1.5 hours trying to get email to work.

Uninstall or ignore the inbuilt email app, use K9 email instead.

God these smart phones are utter ****. There is no forward delete key

you'll probably have to install Hackers keyboard app for that, backspace
seems to suit most people, you should find that sliding a finger L/R on
the keyboard acts as left/right arrows to position keyboard, which may
help, if not try the gboard keyboard.

and the keyboard is designed for people with elf sized fingers.

use a keyboard that supports swiping, rather than hunt and peck.

I guess you use voice recognition.

I tend to avoid that, unless driving.

Question: I uninstalled default app 'candy crush arse hole' but it still
appears on the desktop, which is a mess because I disabled anything to
do with Microsoft.

uninstalling ought to remove icon from the home page, but try dragging
it towards the top of the screen, a red trashbin should appear, drop the
icon in there, if not then junk whatever launcher sansumg have inflicted
on you and use a sensible one.

I moved it into a page and deleted the whole fsking page

How can you move desktop icons?

just drag them, if you want them in groups drag one icon on top of another

Also how to enter contacts - I can see the 'disk' when I plug into USB,
but its not obvious where the address book is..

easiest is to enter (or sync) them into a google account, and let the
phone sync from that account.

https://contacts.google.com/

Not letting google anywhere near it. Trust them even less than I trust
Jeremy Corbyn.

The phone comes preloaded with **** that you cannot get rid of.

If you want a phone that isn't full of bloatware, buy a pixel, or second
hand nexus.

Well I have dumped nearly all of it.

7 apps on the home page with 5 in the tray.

...I'd spend it on drink.

Sir Henry (at Rawlinson's End)