Posted to rec.woodworking
Just Wondering[_2_] Just Wondering[_2_] is offline

Default What is it? (Amateur version Post #20)

On 1/8/2018 5:08 PM, Larry Flynn wrote:
Here is another post in my amateur What is it? tool thread. As usual, I will try to answer questions about their composition, size and how they can move. Pictures are provided via Dropbox.
L. Flynn

POST20_TOOL77. This iron tool is 2 feet long. One end has an open socket, shaped like an arrow with the point cut off. The socket is over ½ inch wide at its narrowest. The other end is bent to form a 6-inch-wide handle at a right angle to the shaft. It ends in a point on one side. It was originally painted red.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y1mg1rolif...7_ALL.jpg?dl=0

A main water line shutoff tool??

POST20_TOOL78. This metal tool is in the pliers family. It tightens with a ratchet action until the two jaws meet. In the closed position they form three openings: ¼ and 5/8 inch hexagonal ones and a circular one 3/16 inches wide on one side and 1/16 inches wide on the other. The far end of one of the jaws has a 1/16-inch rise/tooth that fits snugly into an indentation on the other jaw. Additional pressure releases the ratchet action and returns the jaws to their open position. One handle is missing its blue rubber grip. I have hidden the manufacturers name and model number.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m62imnrvx3...8_ALL.jpg?dl=0

A wire terminal crimper.

POST20_TOOL79. This metal tool is in the hacksaw family. The blade can be tightened or loosened/replaced by turning the handle. The end of the blade near the handle is held in place by a pin through it that fits into an angled pair of grooves. It can only make a cut less than ½ inch deep. Why is it so narrow, and for whose use is it designed?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wc9meiaqv0...9_ALL.jpg?dl=0

Dunno.

POST20_TOOL80. This wooden and metal tool is almost 6 inches long. The wooden handle is joined to a metal piece containing a freely-spinning spool of thick thread. The thread feeds thorough a hole and runs down the side of a removable needle and is threaded through its eye. The tip of the needle is bent at approximately 30° to the shaft. I have hidden the manufacturers name and motto.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cipd0umr7j...0_ALL.jpg?dl=0

A leather sewing awl.
https://www.amazon.com/Tandy-Leather...rds=sewing+awl