Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wifi calling on payge sim and a cheap phone?

On 08/01/18 10:49, Ash Burton wrote:

Still trying to solve te problem of recieving mobile calls at home
with zero signal on any network unless I walk up the top of the graden...

Wifi calling would be ideal, espceailly as FFTC is imminent, but not
if it means a ****ing expsensive phone on a contract. I want a cheap
android and a PAYG SIM.

I've already ruled out EE, who had a nice 150 quid smartphone that
does it. Just not if you are on payg. ****s. There is no reasosn not
to do that other than greed

Anyone know anything ?

Vodafone Smartphone 4G or similar on Vodafone PAYG but you need to use a
wi-fi app such as Viber for free calls.

No, the requirement is to RECEIVE calls and texts from all the people
who think that everyone carries around a smart phone all the time and
lives in a good reception area.

Doctors
Dentist
Hospital
Bank

All of these insist on texting me, and all couriers who want to know if
I am in will phone the mobile number which I cannot answer if I AM in.

--
€œIt is hard to imagine a more stupid decision or more dangerous way of
who pay no price for being wrong.€

Thomas Sowell