Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wifi calling on payge sim and a cheap phone?

On 08/01/18 10:23, wrote:
On Mon, 8 Jan 2018 09:30:56 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Oh I just looked. 3 Payg is not Payg. you pay upfront and if you havent
used your minutes at the end of the month you lose em

Same as a contract.

Is that actually the case?

Don't think so, I haven't put any money on my 3 PAYG for about 10
months now and it is still showing credit, just make at least one
connection via the network rather than WifI every so often to keep it
alive . I listen to an available online only radio station in the
car for a while for that purpose.

The lack of expiry and the availability of the 3 in touch app was why
I made the switch from networks that did expire.

At some point the 3 in Touch app became obsolete after either a phone
or 3 update. I don't who, it just happened and Wifi calling took
over. That was on I phone 5.

Wifi calling seems to wotk on newish phones - Apples post 5 I think and
android sansung galaxy S5/6 eand A7 IIRC and a couple of LG ones.

Ots looking like Three have the best deal

I can get an unlocked s6 for around £170...

G.Harman

its shoes.