Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

Default New Wheeler Dealers

In article ,
Graham T wrote:
On 07/01/2018 09:50, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
The Natural Philosopher formulated the question :
Yerah. when it strays from geeks corner to relaity TV it can naff off.

Poor old Mike. Not much else he CAN do, but Ed China can fix cars and
I guess he has a damn well equipped workshop by now.

I found Mike to be a tremendously annoying little cockney wide boy. Edd
came across as the very down to earth capable one. What did annoy me,
was that the fixing up costs at the end, were completely unrealistic. No
labour costs were included, any outsourced work was often at bargain
basement rates and the parts were just so easy to source.

£2000 for a blowover? I really am out of touch.

If you start out with perfect bodywork and merely want to change the
colour using a cheap paint, 2000 quid might do it. But of course would
have a limited life before the edges start fraying.

But if you want something approaching original on an older car, you can
multiply that a few times.

--
*Money isn't everything, but it sure keeps the kids in touch *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.