Posted to alt.home.repair
Whaler Guy Whaler Guy is offline

Default Generac Generator EXL5500 start problems

replying to Robbie Johnson, Whaler Guy wrote:
My GP5500 had similar symptoms. Not an electric start, but same thing. Almost
concluded it was a bad cam shaft due to the decompression not working
correctly. Local shop suggested I look at the Valve lash adjustment. BINGO!
The exhaust valve was so far off I am amzed it ran. It wasn't allowing the cam
to activate the decompression. Super easy to fix. All you need are some basic
tools and a feeler gauge. I think I set them at .15 and .20. Google Valve
adjustment GP5500 and youll see it.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ms-340069-.htm