Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Small laser printer replacement - recommendations?

On Thu, 04 Jan 2018 18:35:14 +0000, Lobster wrote:

Secondly, if I were to run this printer until the bundled colour carts
ran out, and never bothered replacing them, does anyone know if the
printer would keep working in black-and-white? Or would it give up
until the colour carts were replaced?

I can only relate the story of a larger HP model (a 2600n, fairly old
now). I got it on Freecycle. It worked "sort of", but there was a magenta
cast over all the pages. Took me a while to work out that the magenta
cartridge needed changing (and, to a lesser extent, the other two colkour
ones).

Further investigation showed that the printer had doen about 4000 pages
in its life. The black toner had been replaced once (with a third party
toner that it occasionally bitched about). The colour toners were
completely empty.

In common with a lot of HP printers, the toner cartridges include the
drum and the toner waste container. The waste container on the magenta
cartridge was overflowing.

Not sure if that's still the case.