Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Aldi, the German discounter

On Thursday, 4 January 2018 16:18:20 UTC, Max Demian wrote:
On 04/01/2018 15:43, whisky-dave wrote:

What do vegetarians use Bisto for?

They use it for making gravy. Well some do, probbaly not all.

*Original* Bisto (as opposed to the
gravy granules) is used to brown and thicken the juices from a joint or
chicken to make gravy, the flavour coming from the meat. Do vegetarians
make gravy from spinach water?

We added boiled water as per the instructions.
Do you not know how to make gravy in this way ?

That's gravy granules in the round tub.

Yep that's what I brought strangly enough.

I mean the *original* Bisto in a
rectangular packet. Provides seasoning and thickening, but the flavour
comes from the juices from the meat, so you use the same product for
beef, lamb, chicken or whatever.

How or why would a vegitarian use Bisto *original* when they don't eat the meat or support meat eating or the use of animal products or cruelty to animals ?
My friend doesn't wear leather either even the shoes that look like leather aren't, brought from a shop in Brighton.
http://www.vegetarian-shoes.co.uk/
Been a vegatarian since about 1988.

--
Max Demian