Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Aldi, the German discounter

On Thursday, 4 January 2018 15:28:00 UTC, Max Demian wrote:
On 04/01/2018 14:04, whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 4 January 2018 13:20:07 UTC, jim wrote:
whisky-dave Wrote in message:

I went to aldi to get some bisto but they didn;t have any, only their own brand so I left and went to the local corner shop.

Bisto sends hugs.

Well they do put the ingredients on the label, because having a veggie cooking for you means they don't like to use meat products and the bisto gravy actually says on the tin(made from carboard) that it is vegatarian even the red version rather than just the green vegatable gravy which IMHO isn't as tastey as the red.

What do vegetarians use Bisto for?

They use it for making gravy. Well some do, probbaly not all.

*Original* Bisto (as opposed to the
gravy granules) is used to brown and thicken the juices from a joint or
chicken to make gravy, the flavour coming from the meat. Do vegetarians
make gravy from spinach water?

We added boiled water as per the instructions.
Do you not know how to make gravy in this way ?

When I nuke peas or beans (green) or most greem vegtables I use the small amount of water to the gravy.

--
Max Demian