Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default Aldi, the German discounter

On 1/4/2018 1:24 PM, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 1/4/2018 10:18 AM, wrote:
On Thursday, 4 January 2018 09:50:30 UTC, stuart nobleĀ* wrote:

Why do the media insist on calling Aldi a discount store? I've never
seen "discounted" goods in their stores, and they don't try and
bamboozle you with BOGOF deals, loyalty cards and all that rubbish.
In fact that's probably why they're so successful. That and applying
commonsense to their strategy.
The late Andy Hall must be turning in his grave, having predicted
that the Lidl/Aldi style of retailing would never catch on.

One thing puzzles me about them: why no self-service checkouts? They
are cheaper.

NT

try Hawick .....

no wait...that is lidl ....they are building an aldi ....

--
Follow my lead...ignore Brian Reay ....