Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Default Aldi, the German discounter

Huge Wrote in message:
On 2018-01-04, Andy Burns wrote:
tabbypurr wrote:

stuart noble wrote:

The late Andy Hall must be turning in his grave, having predicted
that the Lidl/Aldi style of retailing would never catch on.

One thing puzzles me about them: why no self-service checkouts? They are cheaper.

A newer LiDL here has them, they're just an annoying as other
supermarkets' self-checkouts

Self-scan and self-checkout (which is theoretically possible in Tesco)
would be awesome, except that you can't buy alcohol that way because
a member of staff has to check that you're over 18 (something that
Tesco already know, because you have to register for a Club Card to
use self-scan) and of the first 5 times we used it, we were "selected"
for a shoplifting check (*) four times.

(* The fact that it was to check for shoplifting was strenuously,
spuriously and rudely denied by a member of the supervisory staff.)

Sounds like there's a marker on your account for something or
other.... :-)
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----