REL

Default Blower on furnace hums and doesn't start

I knew we had settled on this before but I was positive for some
reason your orginal post had indicated the 100 amp page was fine. Your
calling it a typo on the guys part. Most typo's happen once, not a
five paragraph explanation of why a value is acceptable.

Now more to the point. Your response back to the group was bring up a
settled disagreement. we hashed it all not then and I stated you were
correct and I was wrong at that time. You have brought it back up as
if that never happened. It did, and you responded to it happening. I
have no idea why you seek to fuss so much, particularly with me.

You are allowed to wire for the MCA and proctect at the MOCP. It is
also not wise to do so all the time. The NEC specs MINIMAL standards.
The discussion you brought up again this time in your last post refers
to a 15 amp load on 14 gauge wire with 30 amp protection. While this
might be acceptable as a minimum standard, 14 gauge wire will cause
significant voltage drop within a very short distance. The cost
savings on such an application does not have value over safety and
equipment life. If it was a long enough run to save much money at all,
it was too long for the voltage drop involved.

I have no idea of why you can not let it go, especialy since it has
already been stated you were correct. At best all that is left is a
disagreement with what is best practice. I am pretty sure we both
agreed that careful consideration to many things might make one choose
not to use the minimum standards set forth by the NEC.

Here is a link to where this all ended sir, if you can explain why it
is come up again for any purpose other than to argue, please explain
to me where the problem remains as it is very unclear to me.

http://www.google.com/groups?q=g:thl...paba y.rr.com

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 04:38:04 GMT, "volts500"