Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Aldi, the German discounter

Tim Streater wrote:

Huge wrote:

Self-scan and self-checkout (which is theoretically possible in Tesco)

Don't know what you mean by "theoretically possible".

I gave up on the self-scan gadgets, as I found I went in late at night,
then arrived at the tills to find they'd closed the self-scan station,
and wanted me to queue at the one or two manned tills to get everything
re-scanned, didn't do my blood pressure any good storming out leaving
the full basket on the floor.

Well obviously they're going to do a shoplifting check from time to
time. Surprised you even bothered to ask. Although your hit rate does
sound a bit high.

Sainsbury's seem to be taking the different types of tills too far now,
they have operator tills, basket-only operator tills, tills for
self-scanning at the checkout, tills for self-scanning with the
hand-held devices, and now tills for self-scanning using your own mobile
phone.