Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default How to share a photo so youse all can see it? - The news image autocon um1 50.jpg (1/1)

Johnny B Good wrote:

On Wed, 03 Jan 2018 22:30:07 +0000, Roger Hayter wrote:

Johnny B Good wrote:

On Wed, 03 Jan 2018 13:46:23 +0000, Mike wrote:

Oh yes, he has! (attached an image, that is.) :-)

Or, in the case of my text based newsreader, 1500 lines of gibberish.
Sending non-text to a text newsgroup is gnerally exceedingly unpopular
with other group users.

Not so annoying if your news client automatically decodes the uuenc and
processes it into a displayable image as Pan appears to handle such
postings.

Presumably, most usenet clients simply display the gibberish as a very
large text posting so I can understand its unpopularity from past
experience with other news clients that I've tried over the years so I'm
not condoning this practice, just sayin' is all.

I'm not trying to be objectionable at all, just pointing out that, while
it is technically possible to send small pictures to text groups, it is
widely considered to be the wrong thing to do. And larger pictures
will almost certainly result in the post being rejected or truncated by
most text servers. In either case, many or most of the readership will
not see the picture.

--

Roger Hayter